Bill is a general management and corporate finance advisor to owners and chief executives of closely-held companies. For over 40 years, Bill has developed strategic growth and corporate finance strategies and sourced bank and institutional financing for his clients in a broad range of industries. He is an experienced turnaround advisor and has assumed interim COO and CFO assignments in specialized cases. Bill co-founded Great Cove Advisors, LLC in 2006 which focuses on providing Corporate Finance Strategies and Strategic plans for owners and managers of companies in a broad range of industries nationwide. In 2013, Bill changed the name of his original consulting practice, WEDCO, to Corporate Finance Strategies to more clearly reflect the nature of his consulting business in this new age of the Internet.
Prior to Corporate Finance Strategies, Bill was a co-founder of Great Cove Advisors, a Managing Member of Benchmark Consultants, the Principal in WEDCO, his own management consulting firm, Executive Vice President and Senior Lending Officer and a Director of Neworld Bank, Boston, Manager of Commercial Lending at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., Boston, and a Government Securities Representative for Morgan Guaranty Trust Company, New York.
He earned his BA in Economics from Harvard College and an MBA in Finance from the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration. Bill was a Director of a publicly owned bank and is currently on the Advisory Board of several privately owned companies.
- Great Cove Advisors, LLC; Co-Founder and Managing Member; 2006
- Benchmark Consulting Group; Principal; 1994
- WEDCO, Principal; sole proprietor management consulting firm; 1990
- Neworld Bank, Boston; Executive Vice President, Senior Lending Officer & Director; 1985
- Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., Boston, Manager, Commercial Lending; 1972
- Morgan Guaranty Trust Company, NY; Trainee and Government Securities Rep.; 1969
Education & Professional Affiliations
- BA, Economics, Harvard College, 1969
- MBA, Finance, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, 1972
- Former Director of a publicly owned bank and on Advisory Board of several companies
- Member of the Canterbury Society, The Concord Vine, The Breakfast Club
- Board Chairperson, Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation
- Board member and Treasurer, Gore Place Society